Growing older is a natural part of life that should be embraced with positivity, yet fighting signs of aging can have benefits. There is science behind changes in facial appearance that occur over time. Dermal fillers provide the perfect offset to these unwelcome changes.
The face is where aging is most apparent. All sorts of things happen as the years advance, including structural rearrangement. Here’s a breakdown of some of the things that occur over time, and dermal fillers are a helpful solution:
- When we are young, fat is evenly distributed in the face. The pockets of fat plump areas around the mouth and eyes as well as on the temples, forehead, and cheeks. The volume of facial fat diminishes with age. It can also shift downward and clump up. Formerly tight skin becomes baggy and loose. The exceptions are the jowl and chin, which tend to become saggy.
- Wrinkles occur as a result of muscles in the face tugging continuously. This sometimes causes creases, as well. Causes of finer lines in the face include smoking, sun damage, and naturally occurring degeneration of components of the skin that keep it supple and thick.
- The skin on our eyelids is extremely thin. With age, it loosens and creates a hooded effect.
- Dark circles under the eyes aren’t a sign of lack of sleep, as you grow older. Thinning skin and loss of fat volume where the check and the lower eyelid meet is what creates the dark circles.
Factors that accelerate facial aging include: emotional stress; genetic predisposition; certain diseases; exposure to extreme weather conditions such as excessive cold, sun, and wind; and dramatic weight changes.
Look Younger, Live Longer
As the natural aging processes occur, there are some very good reasons to find solutions for the purpose of staying younger looking. The most compelling argument for graceful aging, according to extensive research, is that you can expect to live longer. Looking younger is associated with:
- Better health habits, such as exercise and nutrition.
- Less depression.
- Greater longevity.
- Better job offers.
One important approach to enjoying a more youthful appearance during advanced years is to avoid chronic stress. Overall well-being is negatively affected by stress, and it shows in your skin. Including calming prayer and/or meditation into your routine has the following benefits:
- Boosts your mood
- Reverses memory loss
- Decreases inflammation
- Strengthens brain function
Stay tuned for more on aging and what we can do to prevent it.