In my most recent video I mention that I have been using the Timeless Hyaluronic Acid w/ Matrixyl 3000™ Spray. This spray has cucumber extract in it and well definitely has a strong, fresh scent of cucumber. In that video Friday Over 50 Haul I mention that I would hare some of the benefits of using cucumbers, both as a beauty treatment and as anti-aging powerhouse.
So many of us are trying to use green products. Well cucumbers are as green as you can get. So adding these little wonders to your beauty routine, your diet, your juices can have super benefits.
As you know, cucumbers have long been held out as a great way to de-puff eyes. Cucumbers are natural and don’t have any ingredients that will irritate your eyes. They can reduce dark circles and help you to have a more glowing under eye. Cucumbers are packed with antioxidants and silica, which is one of the main minerals in hair and nail supplements. Cucumbers are high in vitamin E. We all know Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that is reported to reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells.
So how to get the most benefit? Chill your cucumbers, slice and put over your eyes while you rest. Leave on your lids for four to five minutes.
Beauty starts with proper diet and good nutritious food. Cucumbers are a great way addition to your diet. Cucumber juice is enriched with magnesium, fiber, and potassium, which are super important in fighting inflammation in the body and most menopausal women lack. Magnesium is also a great mineral for pre-diabetics, and has been known to regulate blood pressure. A few more benefits include:
- Low calorie, yet are high in fiber and water.
- A serving of raw and unpeeled cucumber contains 19 percent of the recommended daily vitamin K intake for women.
- Cucumber juice provides a good dose of vitamin A.
- Vitamin A plays an important role in aiding eyesight, bone growth, and cell division.
- Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including B1, B5, and B7 (biotin). Women in menopause really need these vitamins
- Adding cucumbers to your juicing routine adds water and fiber to your diet.
For all these reasons, cucumbers may be one of the best beauty and anti-aging foods in my humble opinion. Just one more suggestion, buy organic cucumbers when you can.